Sunday, December 2, 2012

Dancer in Air


Sometimes I've a hard time deciding if I like an image in color or back and white...
Actually this is a warm toned 'black and white' image, as I almost never do grayscale!
Always looks better to follow a special 'recipe' of color balance and channel paths in digital processing to find just the right balance. 

So happy to be photographing dancers again! It is a special love since in the past I was a dancer myself.  The soul and grace of movement is especially wonderful in photography. Maybe because it all goes by so fast for a viewer to absorb? Perhaps. 
Photography stops a fraction of a second with a lasting image that and looks back at you.



Looking forward to more dance work as the production photographer for a new play begins "Return of the Light".  There is a magic that happens in rehearsal time without the stress of a performance which I like... more playful and fun. Will keep you posted!